Fruits are God’s natural candy and everything offers something unique and nutritious for our body’s well-being. However, the benefits of fruits are not limited to their consumption but can also be unlocked by using them, especially their peels. One such fruit is the banana which possesses some unique and amazing benefits of banana peel for the face.
One of the most popular banana peel benefits includes its ability to treat acne, blemishes, and dark spots. These inevitable spots always arrive at the worst time and for some, they’re not planning to leave ever.
Banana Peels are rich phenolics which is said to have strong antioxidant and antimicrobial properties which help in diminishing acne and remove blemishes. However, it all comes down to how one uses banana peel for face, which is what we will be covering below. Keep on reading for some interesting ways to use banana feel and bid adieu to your acne problem.
Suggested Read: Dead Skin – The Base Problem Which Keeps Your Real Glow Hidden
1. Simply Rubbing It – Banana Peel for Face Care
This has to be one of the easiest ways to use banana peel for face and see the results. With the help of its antioxidants and fatty acids, the peel gets rid of redness and boosts the health of your skin. It also soothes your skin and fastens the process of healing from the breakout.
- Rinse your face clean and pat it dry
- Massage your face with the inside of banana peel for almost 10 minutes
- If the peel starts turning brown then replace it with a fresh peel
- Let the peel residue sit on your face for 20 minutes and then rinse it clean
- Repeat the process once a day and you’ll start seeing the results within days
2. Lemon Juice & Banana Peel
Lemon juice is acidic which kills the acne-causing bacteria and also acts as a lightening agent. As for the banana peel, it will soothe your skin simultaneously and diminish the stingy feel of lemon.
- Take 1 tbsp mashed banana peel and 1 tbsp lemon juice and combine them into a smooth texture
- Using a cotton pad, apply it on your affected areas
- Leave it on the skin for 12-15 minutes
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry
- Try it once a day for best results
3. Turmeric and Banana Peel – Banana Peel for Face Care
Banana peel and turmeric are known as foods for skin and combining the two will only give the best of results. Both the items have antibacterial properties which kill off the acne bacteria and soothe your skin afterward
- Combine 1 tbsp mashed banana peel and 1 tbsp turmeric powder, until it turns into a smooth paste
- Apply the mix in a circular motion and gently massage it for the next 15 minutes
- Rinse your face with warm water afterward and pat it dry
- Finish it off with a good oil-free moisturizer
- Do this once a day and see some amazing results
4. Honey & Banana Peel
Another great way of using the banana peel for face is by mixing it up with honey. This golden potion has amazing anti-bacterial properties along with mild bleaching properties to fade away the scars with regular usage.
- Mix 1 tbsp mashed banana peel with ½ tbsp raw honey and create a smooth mixture out of it
- Apply it on the affected areas and leave it for about 15 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and then pat your skin dry, following up with an oil-free moisturizer
- Repeat it once a day and see amazing results
Suggested Read: Best Face Mists for Oily Skin
5. Oats and Banana Peel
While others were more of a mask-like consistency, this mix act as an anti-acne scrub that exfoliates your skin and nourishes it for soft and supple skin. Do keep in mind to not scrub too aggressively or it will scar your skin.
- Mix 1 banana peel, ½ cup oatmeal, and 3 tbsp sugar, until a smooth mixture
- Apply it on your skin and massage it gently, and keep on doing for 10 minutes
- Rinse your face afterward and pat it dry, following up with an oil-free moisturizer
- Repeat it twice every week
These were some of the banana peel benefits when you start using the banana peel for face and to get rid of acne, dark spots, and blemishes. Do try it out and share your results with us.