Xiaomi Mi A3 was recently launched in India as the new addition to the company’s Android One smartphone lineup and while the device has created a huge hype since its launch, Xiaomi Mi A3 will now be going on open sale in India. For the unknown, the biggest highlights of Mi A3 include a 6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display, Android 9.0 (Pie), in-display fingerprint sensor, triple rear cameras, 32MP front camera, 18W Quick Charge 3.0 support and more.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 features a curved glass back which comes with holographic effect while the device is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. On the other hand, the Android One smartphone also comes with splash-resistant P2i coating which prevents Mi A3 from everyday splashes and spills.
Since Xiaomi Mi A3 is part of the Android One programme, users will get two years Android OS updates and three years of assured security updates. This also means that Mi A3 will be updated to Android Q in the coming future. Xiaomi has also claimed that the Mi A3 comes with seventh gen in-display fingerprint scanner which promises 15 per cent increased fingerprint detection area for biometrics.
Coming to the cameras, Xiaomi Mi A3 sports a triple rear camera module which makes it the first offering from the company with triple cameras at this price range. As all new mid-range smartphones from the company, Mi A3 also features the 48MP primary rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor which comes coupled with an 8MP 118-degree ultra wide angle lens and a 2MP depth sensor. Also, in order to make Mi A3 a well rounded smartphone, Xiaomi has offered a 4030mAh battery with support for 18W Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Specifications
- 6.08-inch HD+ Super AMOLED (1560 x 720 pixels) display with 102.7 per cent NTSC color gamut and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm processor clocked at 1.8GHz coupled with Adreno 610 GPU for graphics
- 4GB of LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB of (UFS 2.1) inbuilt storage and 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB of (UFS 2.1) inbuilt storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD card
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD) support and In-display fingerprint sensor
- Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box
- 48MP primary rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 0.8μm pixel size, EIS (Electronic Image Stabalisation), 8MP 118-degree ultra wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size and a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture and 1.75μm pixel size.
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Xiaomi Mi A3 measures 156.48 × 71.85 × 8.47 mm and weighs 173.8 grams
- Splashproof (P2i) coating for protection from splashes and spills
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, USB Type-C support, 3.5mm audio jack and Infrared sensor
- 4030mAh battery with 18W Quick Charge 3.0 support
Xiaomi Mi A3 price in India and availability
Xiaomi Mi A3 price in India starts at Rs. 12,999 for the base 4GB RAM with 64GB inbuilt storage version while the 6GB RAM with 128GB inbuilt storage version of the smartphone retails Rs. 15,999. The Xiaomi Mi A3 went on sale in India on August 23, 2019, however, the device is now available via open sales for a limited time period till August 31, 2019. The Xiaomi Mi A3 is available through Mi.com and Amazon India.
|Category||Xiaomi Mi A3|
|Operating system||Android 9.0 Pie|
|Display||6.08 inches (15.44 cm) bezel-less display|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Octa-core Processor|
|Storage||64 GB internal storage, expandable upto 256 GB|
|Rear Camera||48 + 8 + 2 MP Triple Rear Cameras|
|Front Camera||32 MP Front Camera|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11ac MIMO, 1.2Gbps (Cat-18) LTE, Bluetooth 5.0 LE|
ANT+, NFC, GPS, Glonass
|Charging||Fast Charging v3.0|
|Colors||Not Just Blue, More Than White|
As part of the launch offers, Xiaomi is already offering Rs. 750 cashback on purchasing the Mi A3 with HDFC Credit cards and an additional Rs. 250 cashback on EMI options. Xiaomi Mi A3 buyers can also avail double data benefit from Airtel on prepaid recharge of Rs. 249, Rs. 299 and Rs 349. These offers are also valid during Xiaomi Mi A3 open sale.