Xiaomi Mi A1 has to be one of the best smartphones that the Chinese smartphone maker has come up with this year and while it was launched at a lucrative price of Rs 14,999, Xiaomi has just announced a price cut for the already in-demand handset, which has made the deal even sweeter.
For the unknown, it has been a couple of months since Xiaomi Mi A1 was launched in India and when it comes to the mid-budget segment, the smartphone has stood strong in every single list of best handsets at this price.
For offering Stock Android to dual cameras, from a more than decent performance package to a dedicated 10v amplifier, Xiaomi Mi A1 has got it all, making it the easiest to recommend smartphone ever reviewed by our team.
Here is what the Xiaomi Mi A1 offers on the specs-sheet.
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080) Full HD LTPS display with 2.5D curved glass, 1000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 450nit brightness and 403 PPI.
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 SoC coupled with Adreno 506 GPU for graphics
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Stock Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) which is upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Infrared sensor, Fingerprint Scanner and Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear primary camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size, wide-angle lens, dual-tone LED flash, a secondary 12MP camera with f/2.6 aperture, telephoto lens, PDAF and 1.0 μm pixel size.
- Dedicated 10v amplifier for better audio output and 3.5mm audio jack.
- 3080mAh battery with no support for fast charging.
- Dimensions: 155.4×75.8×7.3mm and Weight: 165g.
- 4G VoLTE, GPS + GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) and USB Type-C.
The Price Cut
As part of the “Best Deal of December” programme, Xiaomi Mi A1 has received a price cut of Rs 2,000 which is valid from 7th to 9th December. The smartphone will be available in Gold, Rose Gold and Black color options via Mi.com and Flipkart at Rs 12,999.
Android One is the purest form of this OS and for those who are looking for smartphone offering stock Android experience, multitasking prowess, and support for heavy gaming, at Rs 12,999, Xiaomi Mi A1 is the best that there is.
Moreover, with a great camera, updated audio output, and a dependable battery, which sadly doesn’t support quick charge, Xiaomi Mi A1 has shown us what our money’s worth in days when premium flagships are easily touching the $1000-mark.
Interestingly, Xiaomi’s upcoming mid-rangers, the Redmi 5 and 5 Plus are also expected to be launched on the same day when Xiaomi Mi A1 will be available with the Rs 2,000-price-cut which shows the company’s marketing team head-on-heels for making Xiaomi a formidable force in India.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is expected to feature a 5.7-inch HD+ (720×1440) screen with an 18:9 aspect ratio, Snapdragon 450 SoC under the hood, 2G + 16GB and 3GB + 32GB configurations for RAM and storage, Android 7.1 Nougat. Apart from that, the Redmi 4-successor might feature an updates 12MP rear and a 5MP front sensor. The handset is also rumored to be backed by a 3200mAh battery.
As for the Redmi 5 Plus, it is rumored to sport a 5.9-inch 18:9 display, 3G + 32GB and 4GB + 64GB variants, Snapdragon 625 or 630 SoC and a bigger 4000mAh battery.