Vivo Y53i has been silently launched in India by the Chinese smartphone manufacturer and while it will be succeeding the Vivo Y53, which was launched in India last year, it is essentially the same smartphone as its predecessor but the Vivo Y53i comes with a price tag, which is Rs 2000 lower than the Y53.
While the device comes with moderate specifications and will be competing in budgeted segment against the likes of Redmi 5 and Moto E Plus, Vivo is highlighting features such as Face Access, Ultra HD camera tech as well as an eye protection mode.
For the unknown, Face Access is Vivo’s answer to the Face Unlock features that has become one of the essential specifications in the smartphone world, however, the Vivo Y53i is one of the first smartphones to offer this features at such a price tag in the budget smartphone segment.
The company is touting Vivo Y53i’s Ultra-HD camera tech which stitches 4 images together to create one image with a combined resolution of 32-megapixels. On the other hand, the Eye Protection mode is used to filter out blue light, while the handset also has the App Clone feature which lets a user employ more than one instance of any particular app.
Vivo Y53i specifications
- 5-inch (960 x 540) QHD IPS display with 2.5D curved glass and 16:9 aspect ratio offering 218.83 PPI.
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor clocked at 1.4GHz and coupled with Adreno 308 GPU for graphics.
- 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card.
- Funtouch OS 3.0 which is based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM support and Face unlock (Face Access)
- 8-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and LED Flash
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Vivo Y53i measures 144.2 × 71.4 × 7.64mm and weighs 137 grams
- Connectivity options: 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS, 3.5 mm audio jack and micro USB support.
- 2500mAh non-removable battery with no support for fast charging
Vivo Y53i Price And Availability
The Vivo Y53i comes has already been made available in India at a price tag of Rs 7990, while its MRP is Rs 8990. While the smartphone will be available through the offline channel, it will come in two color options, including Crown Gold and Matte Black.
Interestingly, the Xiaomi Redmi 5 is also priced similar to the Vivo Y53i and comes with a 5.7-inch HD+ display offering a resolution of 720×1440 pixels with 18:9 aspect ratio. While the smartphone is powered by the Snapdragon 450 SoC under the hood, it comes with up to 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Coming to the camera, there is a 12-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front sensor, while the whole package is backed by a 3300mAh battery.