Last month, we witnessed the launch of Vivo V7 Plus, which is essentially a selfie-centric smartphone that comes with decent hardware package but the price of Rs. 21,990 seemed a little too demanding considering the overall package.
However, to make some amends, the Chinese smartphone maker has launched a stripped down version of the handset, named Vivo V7 that comes with a more competitive price than its elder sibling and takes on the likes of Moto G5S Plus, Honor 9i, Xiaomi Mi A1 and the LG Q6.
Interestingly, the majority of Vivo V7’s competition offers a dual camera setup but lack behind in the selfie-camera department and this is where the subjected smartphone is trying to attract some sales figures despite a cut-throat competition.
But does the Vivo V7 has all the needed bells and whistles to stand alone in the sub-Rs 20,000 segment? Let’s see.
Vivo V7 Specifications
- Unimetal body with plastic inserts
- 5.7-inch (1440 x 720) FullView 2.5D curved glass display offering 18:9 aspect ratio and 282.45 ppi, protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core 14nm Snapdragon 450 Chipset coupled with Adreno 506 GPU for graphics
- 4GB RAM with 64GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box based on Funtouch OS 3.2
- Dual SIM and Fingerprint sensor at the rear
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, OmniVision OV16880 sensor and 1080p video recordings.
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture and LED (Moonlight) flash.
- Camera Modes: Photo Watermark, Portrait bokeh mode, Voice, Palm and Gender detection, Ultra HD, HDR, Live photo, Slow Motion, PPT, Professional, Face Beauty, Group Selfie, Time-Lapse, Panorama and inbuilt Camera Filters.
- 3000 mAh non-removable battery with 2.0A charger
- AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip, 3.5mm audio jack, and FM Radio
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.8 x 7.9mm and Weight: 139g
- 4G VoLTE, GPS + GLONASS, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Micro USB Type-C support and Bluetooth 4.2.
Vivo V7 Price And Availability
The Vivo V7 will be available in Champagne Gold and Matte Black colors and is priced at Rs. 18,990. It is already available for pre-order exclusively on Flipkart and will go on sale from November 24th.
The Vivo V7 is a considerable Rs 3,000 cheaper than its Plus variant but the price cut has resulted in a smaller screen (although it’s a FullView display) and a smaller battery, while all the other specifications remain unchanged.
Vivo V7 Review (First Impressions)
While the Vivo V7 Plus is the first smartphone to feature a Snapdragon 450 processor, its lower-end sibling is now the only other handset to come with the same chipset, which is a good move by Vivo as they have not touched the hardware package despite the price-cut.
Moreover, with 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, same as that of Vivo V7 Plus, the whole concept of making a VFM device seems close to reality for the Chinese smartphone maker.
However, fast charging could have made the whole package a bit more appealing to the customers.
In the end, Vivo V7 is essentially a V7 Plus with a smaller display and battery, which makes for a more competitive package and to know how it will perform in real life, take a look at our Vivo V7 Plus Review, which has almost similar specifications.
Should You Buy One?
Vivo V7 is definitely the best selfie-focused smartphone that you can buy with a budget of Rs, 20,000 but if that is not the ultimate deal-breaker for you, we will recommend the Moto G5S Plus or the Honor 9i. And if you are looking for the ultimate Android smartphone with a dual camera, go for the Xiaomi Mi A1.