Vivo V5s is the next card that the Chinese manufacturer will play in Indian Market and after launching Vivo V5 Plus earlier this year with a price tag of Rs 25,990. The new addition to the V5 family will target even a lower priced segment of smartphones i.e. below Rs 20,000.
Media invites have been sent by the company and it clearly hints that Vivo V5s will also be another camera-centric smartphone and it is safe to assume that it will also feature the 20MP front camera for ‘perfect selfies’. According to the invites, Vivo V5s will be launched on 27th April and it is reportedly going to feature an almost same design and specifications as the V5.
Vivo V5s Expected Specifications and Features
- 5.5-inch full HD (1080p) display with 2.5D curved glass and Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 64-bit Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 SoC
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD card
- 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor and a secondary 8MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture and LED flash, at the front.
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, f/2.2 aperture and dual-tone LED flash.
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 2.6
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge support
- Fingerprint scanner and dual-SIM card slots (hybrid setup)
- 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and 3.5 mm audio port
It is rumored that Vivo V5s could be priced under the sub-Rs 20,000 price bracket (Rs 18,990 to be exact) and this is certainly the most competitive yet best segment to shine for Vivo V5s with these type of specifications.
The mid-budget category has been flooded with several camera-centric smartphones but Vivo has managed to stand out in the crowd and with the addition of Vivo V5s having a hardware worth appreciating, (if it is launched with the above specs) will definitely up the game a notch higher and fire up the rounded yet VFM package smartphone battle.