While the whole is eagerly waiting for Google to unveil the new lineup of its flagship Pixel series, the tech giant is already making strides in the smartphone world by collaborating with manufacturers and launching multiple Android One devices.
Same is the case with Japanese electronics manufacturer Sharp, which has launched the Sharp S3 Android One smartphone with a set of specifications including Android Oreo, a mid-range Snapdragon chipset, and a rugged build.
Sharp S3 Android One has been launched in direct competition with Moto G5S Plus, Xiaomi Mi A1, and Honor 9i. While every major competitor on this segment offers features like dual-cameras and 18:9 displays, S3 Android One, on the other hand, is planning to compete with the software which includes Stock Android and a water-resistant polycarbonate body.
Sharp S3 Android One Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080) IGZO HD display with 16:9 aspect ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut, 450nits brightness, 440.58 PPI, 72% NTSC color gamut and an unidentified protective layering.
- 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz paired with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM and 32GB of (eMMC5.1) internal storage, expandable upto 256GB with microSD.
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) out of the box.
- Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13.1MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash and PDAF.
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture and fixed focus.
- Dust (IP6X) and Water (IPX5 / IPX8) resistant
- 2700mAh battery with no support for fast charging.
- Dimensions: 71 × 144 × 8.5 mm and Weight 143g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi 802.11 ac, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type C support and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Sharp S3 Android One Price And Availability
Priced at 32,400 Yen (Rs. 19000 approx), Sharp S3 Android One will be available in Navy Black, Turquoise, White and Pink color options. The Sharp S3 is available in Japanese market without a contract or with a 12-month contract from Softbank, as for now, but the company might launch it in China in the near future. Also, there are some rumors which suggest Sharp’s entry to the Indian market.
Sharp S3 Android One Review (First Impressions)
Although Sharp S3 Android One excels when it comes to its software capabilities, despite having a premium price tag, it doesn’t even come with a fingerprint scanner. Moreover, when it comes to the hardware package, users will prefer a better smartphone with even better performance credentials.
However, Google didn’t bet on just anything as Sharp S3 Android One is indeed a great device for multimedia consumption. While the display comes with good viewing angles and ample of brightness levels for outdoor media consumption, the camera package is also good for clicking pictures under exposure as well as under low lighting conditions.
That said, if you are looking for an all-rounder, Sharp S3 Android One isn’t just the one for you.