Samsung has launched its new offering in the ‘On Series’ in India, dubbed as the Samsung Galaxy On6 which is yet another affordable device from the company but brings many of the premium features with itself. The Samsung Galaxy On6 sports an Infinity Display which despite offering more real estate, an increase of almost 15 per cent, the overall size of the smartphone remains the same as that of its predecessor.
For the unknown, Samsung has been launching back-to-back smartphones in the budget segment and has equipped all of them with an Infinity Display, just like the Samsung Galaxy On6. Some of the examples being the Samsung Galaxy J6, Galaxy J6 Plus, and the Galaxy J8. On the other hand, with the Samsung Galaxy On6, the South Korean multinational might be looking to increase its market share in India as Xiaomi has been leading the race by having the biggest chunk of the market share in India in the smartphone industry.
The Samsung Galaxy On6 seems to be designed in order to compete with other budget as well as mid-tier offerings from manufacturers such as Xiaomi, Honor, and Asus, coupled with features which have never been seen before in Samsung’s affordable line-up. Apart from the proprietary Infinity display as well as the latest Android Oreo software, the phone Samsung Galaxy On6 also comes with a Chat-over-Video feature which is designed in India and for India, as per the company’s claims.
While the Samsung Galaxy On6 is the second most affordable smartphone from Samsung, after the Galaxy J6, which comes with an Infinity display, it also brings Samsung’s facial recognition technology to the masses. That being said, Samsung has been launching some of the greatest India-specific features with its affordable smartphone and the Samsung Galaxy On6 is no exception. As mentioned above, it comes with a Chat-over-Video feature that lets users chat on WhatsApp, SMS and play a video or a game at the same time. This means users won’t need to shut down a video just because they have to access and respond to their WhatsApp messages.
There is a little bit of the AI-flavour in the camera software as well as the front camera comes with features such as selfie focus for software-assisted portrait mode as well as a beautification mode. The rear camera, on the other hand, supports features such as live stickers and a wide angle lens for group selfies.
Samsung Galaxy On6 Specifications
- 5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED (1480 x 720 pixels) Infinity display with 2.5D curved glass, 18.5:9 aspect ratio and an unidentified scratch resistant layering.
- 64-bit Octa-Core Exynos 7870 processor clocked at 1.6GHz and coupled with Mali T830 GPU for graphics.
- 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card.
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) out of the box
- Dual SIM connectivity and a dedicated microSD card slot.
- 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, PDAF and LED flash
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with beauty mode, wide angle lens, and an LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear and Face Unlock for biometrics
- 3.5mm audio jack, micro USB support, and FM Radio
- Samsung Pay Mini, Samsung Mall, and the Samsung’s own Bixby virtual assistant.
- Dimensions: 70.2x 149.3×8.2 mm and Weight: 153 grams
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS/GLONASS and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3000mAh inbuilt battery with no support for fast charging
Here are the Specifications of Samsung Galaxy On6:
|Specifications||Samasung Galaxy On6|
|Display||5.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED (1480 x 720 pixels)|
|Processor||Octa-Core Exynos 7870|
|Operating System||Android 8.0 Oreo|
|Front Camera||8 MP|
|Sim Size||Dual SIM (nano + nano)|
|Expandable Storage||Upto 256 GB with microSD card|
|Sim Slot(s)||Dual SIM, GSM+GSM, Dual VoLTE|
Samsung Galaxy On6 Price And Availability
The Samsung Galaxy On6 has been launched in Blue and Black colour options and is priced at Rs. 14,490 in India. The smartphone will be available from Flipkart as well as Samsung Shop online starting from July 5, 2018.