Apart from all that has been going on in the premium smartphone segment with big players gearing up to launch their new flagships, the entry-level segment has also seen some silent launches in the recent weeks.
Now Panasonic India has come up with an entry-level offering dubbed as the Panasonic P100 which will go against the likes of Xiaomi Redmi 5A and Tenor D, both of which were launched recently with segment-leading specifications.
While its competition boasts of the most powerful chipset in the segment, Panasonic P100, on the other hand, wants to go head-to-head with its multimedia consumption capabilities and Stock Android experience.
But will this be enough to even poke the leaders and will Panasonic P100 be able to make a difference for the Japanese multinational? Let’s see.
Panasonic P100 Specifications
- 5-inch (1280×720) Full HD display with 16:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 16M colors, 65.1% screen-to-body ratio, 294 PPI and Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- 64-bit quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor clocked at 1.25 GHz and paired with Mali-T720 GPU
- 1GB/2GB RAM options with 16GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card.
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) out of the box.
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 1.12μm pixel size and 1080p video recording.
- 5MP front camera with fixed focus, LED flash and f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor and Hybrid Dual Sim Support
- 2200mAh battery with no support for fast charging
- Dimensions: 145x73x9.9mm and Weight: 174.8g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS+GLONASS, 3.5 mm audio jack and a micro USB port for charging as well as data transfers.
Panasonic P100 Price And Availability
Priced at Rs. 5299 for the 1GB RAM variant and Rs. 5999 for the 2GB RAM version, the Panasonic P100 comes in Black, Blue, Gold and Dark Grey color options. It is available exclusively via Flipkart while there has been no word on its offline availability.
As for the launch offers with Panasonic P100, the company has come up with an interesting offer dubbed as the Gold Utsav consumer offer. In this offer, after purchasing the P100 smartphone, buyers will get a coupon code with which, if they get lucky, can win up to 10 grams of Gold.
Panasonic P100 Review (First Impressions)
Panasonic has been trying really hard to make a mark in the entry-level segment but with Panasonic P100 the company has come one step closer to offering the perfect package to users in this segment.
While there is nothing wrong with the overall internals, its competitors, Redmi 5A and 10.Or D, offer way better specs-sheet and that too with a similar price tag.
Stock Android and a great display might be something that the Redmi-s can’t boast of but when it comes to the ultimate user experience, Panasonic P100 struggles to justify its presence.
P.S Who will buy a smartphone with 2200mAh battery at this price, these days?