With the year coming to its end, there have been a host of new smartphone launches in India, the recent one being the Oppo F5 Youth most recent one. For the unknown, Oppo already has the F5 in India which is selling like hot cakes for its all-rounder capabilities and a major focus on selfie-frenzy buyers and Oppo F5 Youth being its lower-end version, comes with a stripped down cameras while almost all the other specifications remain the same.
Oppo has been on a launching spree and with the Oppo F5 Youth, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer wants its fans the flexibility to choose according to their budget. The smartphone in question comes with edge-to-edge display a workhorse under the hood and AI tech for its cameras, but since it is launched against the likes of Moto G5S Plus, Honor 9i, and Xiaomi Mi A1, all of which comes with some segment-first features, it won’t be easy for Oppo F5 Youth to repeat the success of its predecessors.
On that note, here we take a look at what exactly Oppo F5 Youth has to offer and whether it will come out as another dark horse for Oppo or topple down with the burden of competing with the best. Let’s get started.
Oppo F5 Youth Specifications
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080) FHD+ edge-to-edge display with 2.5D curved glass, 18:9 aspect ratio, 70.6% screen-to-body ratio, 402 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- 64-bit Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 processor clocked at 402 ppi and coupled with ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU for graphics.
- 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB.
- ColorOS 3.2 based Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box.
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture with wide-angle lens, LED flash and Depth effect.
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, HDR, face detection, touch focus, Ultra HD mode, and screen flash.
- 3200mAh battery with fast charging support
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear and Dual SIM support
- Dedicated microSD slot
- O-share file sharing offering 100 times faster transfers than Bluetooth.
- Oppo F5 Youth measures 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm and Weighs 152 grams.
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 3.5mm audio jack, GPS + GLONASS and micro USB support (not Type-C) and FM Radio.
Oppo F5 Youth Price And Availability
Priced at Rs. 16,990, the OPPO F5 Youth will be available in Black and Gold color options from December 8th in India through all offline and online stores across the country. No launch offers have been unveiled by the company as of now.
Oppo F5 Youth Review (First Impressions)
- Although the combination of MediaTek Helio P23 SoC, 3GB RAM, and ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU is not the best we have seen in the segment, it will indeed handle all your heavy gaming and multitasking needs with ease.
- The dedicated MicroSD slot is a smart move by the company as internal storage is limited to just 32GB, out of which only 25GB (roughly) will be available to the users.
- What we like the most is the fact that despite the price difference, Oppo F5 Youth comes with the same battery backup as that of the conventional F5, which can easily offer a full day’s worth of juice with moderate usage.
- Coming to the camera, Oppo is the first smartphone manufacturer to ever launch the A.I. Beauty technology in India and the Chinese maker has perfectly made sure of making it a stand out feature for the Oppo F5 Youth. While real time editing is smooth, the front 16MP sensor can give its competition a run for their money.
- As for the rear camera, while doesn’t offer anything new other than the AI tech, when it comes to performance under good exposure, the sensor is just at par with the competition.
The rest of the performance credentials are same as that of the Oppo F5 which we reviewed earlier.
Despite everything that Oppo F5 Youth is capable of, it’s just another selfie-focused smartphone that also comes with decent performance credentials but we have seen better VFM and well-rounded package.