Oppo A5 has been launched in India after the Chinese smartphone maker announced the Oppo A3S in the country. The Oppo A5 follows a similar design theme as that of the all the other smartphones from the company in the budget segment, which means that the Oppo A5 comes with a dual rear camera setup and a FullView display at the front. Additionally, there is also a textured back panel that uses nano-scale microcrystalline technology and is backed by glass protection on top while the smartphone comes with a host of AI-backed features.
Considering the Oppo A5 Price in India, it seems that the new budget smartphone from the Chinese brand will go head to head against the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 which have been the top-selling smartphones at this range, along with the likes of Samsung Galaxy J6 as well as Nokia 6.1 Plus.
Coming to the artificial intelligence (AI)-backed features, the Oppo A5 comes with Beauty Technology 2.0 which is touted to recognise 296 facial points for better pictures while the smartphone itself is rated to offer 11 hours of gaming or 14 hours of video playback on a single charge.
Oppo A5 Specifications
- 6.2-inch HD+ FullView (1520 x 720 pixels) display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 87.8 per cent screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- Qualcomm Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm SoC clocked at 1.8GHz and coupled with Adreno 506 GPU for graphics.
- 4GB of RAM and 32GB of inbuilt storage, expandable up to 256GB through a dedicated microSD card slot.
- ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
- Dual SIM (nano + nano) support and Face Unlock for biometrics.
- 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED flash coupled with a secondary 2-megapixel camera with f/2.4 aperture for depth of field view and portrait shots.
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, Beauty Technology 2.0 which is touted to recognise 296 facial points and screen flash.
- Oppo A5 measures 156.2×75.6×8.2mm and Weighs 168 grams
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, USB OTG support and a 3.5 mm audio jack.
- 4230mAh built-in battery with no support for fast charging.
Here are the specifications:
|Display||6.2-inch HD+ FullView (1520 x 720 pixels)|
|Processor||Qualcomm Octa-Core Snapdragon 450|
|Operating System||Android 8.1 Oreo|
|Camera||13 MP + 2 MP|
|Front Camera||8 MP|
|Sim Size||Dual SIM (nano + nano)|
|Expandable Storage||Upto 256 GB with microSD card|
|Sim Slot(s)||Dual SIM, GSM+GSM, Dual VoLTE|
Oppo A5 Price And Availability
The OPPO A5 has been priced at Rs. 14,990 in India and will be available in Blue as well as Red colour options. Since the Oppo A5 will be going on sale in India through both online as well as offline channels in India, this means that with this smartphone, Oppo is looking to further strengthen its position in over the counter sales in order to compete with the likes of Xiaomi and Honor in the budget smartphone segment.