The year 2018 has had a great start as far as the smartphone industry is concerned and now, Motorola, the Lenovo-owned brand, is gearing up to launch its first major offering on 15th February in India, dubbed as the Motorola Moto Z2 Force.
For the unknown, the Motorola Moto Z2 Force was first unveiled during an event in New York City in July 2017 and since it has been more than half a year which has invariably given Motorola enough time to re-think about the pricing of this smartphone, which was launched with an asking price of $799.99 (Rs. 51535 approx.).
That said, getting the pricing right is more of a need of the hour rather than a choice in this case as Motorola Moto Z2 Force is an old flagship and features high-end as well as trending features of 2017.
Moreover, while Motorola Moto Z2 Force was the company’s first smartphone with a dual rear camera setup, since its unveiling, Moto G5S Plus and Moto X4 have already made their presence felt and the flagship handset can no longer bank on the ‘exclusive’ title.
But then again, Moto Z2 Force is a rather impressive device and it the Lenovo-owned company prices it aggressively in India, especially against the likes of OnePlus 5T, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and Honor View 10, it can attract a lot of interested buyers.
Motorola Moto Z2 Force Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1440 x 2560) Quad HD AMOLED POLED shatterproof display with ShatterShield having 16:9 aspect ratio, 534 ppi, and 70.4% screen-to-body ratio.
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset clocked at 2.45GHz and paired with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) out of the box, upgradable to Android Oreo
- Dual SIM Support and Fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button.
- 12MP dual rear cameras (RGB/color + monochrome) with Sony IMX386 sensors, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, ƒ/2.0 aperture, 1.25um pixel size, Laser Auto Focus and 4k video recording
- 5MP front camera with dual-tone f/2.2 aperture, LED flash and 85-degree wide-angle lens
- 2730mAh battery coupled with Turbo Charging support
- Water repellent nano-coating, Front-ported loudspeaker, and 3 Mics
- Motorola Moto Z2 Force Measures 76 x 155.8 x 6.1 mm and Weighs 143g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2 (5.0 enabled after Android Oreo), WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) MIMO, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C port, and NFC support.
While the smartphone ditches the 3.5mm Audio Jack, the biggest letdown for the Motorola Moto Z2 Force is the 2730mAh cell which was used to make the smartphone, but the company will be bundling the package with a free Moto TurboPower pack in India, which boots the battery capacity by 3490mAh.
As mentioned earlier, with this set of specifications, Motorola Moto Z2 Force has to have a lower price tag in India to make an impact in the competition.
For a full coverage of the launch of Moto Z2 Force, follow this space.