India has indeed become one of the leading smartphone markets in the world and keeping that in mind, Mobiistar, a Vietnamese maker, has launched not one but two smartphone in the country dubbed as Mobiistar XQ Dual and Mobiistar CQ. While the Mobiistar CQ is an entry-level offering which goes against the likes of Redmi 5A, the Mobiistar XQ Dual seems to be the money maker for the company as it comes with a host of features and that too at a very affordable price tag.
One of the biggest highlight of the Mobiistar XQ Dual is its dual-front camera which comes with a 13-megapixel primary sensor coupled with an 8-megapixel secondary sensor, capable of bokeh modes and coupled with a beautification mode. This has to be a great on-paper specification as seldomly we see a smartphone maker introducing a budget offering with a dual camera setup at the front and that too with a 13+8-megapixel module.
Talking about the highlights, Mobiistar XQ Dual comes with gold inserts in the outer shell of the fingerprint scanner as well as the rear camera housing. While the back is made out of metal, there is polycarbonate inserts presents at both the top and bottom of the device. That being said, while the Mobiistar XQ Dual doesn’t come with an 18:9 display, the 5.5-inch display is bright enough for multimedia consumption even in outdoor conditions.
Unlike the Mobiistar CQ, there isn’t a dedicated microSD card slot in the Mobiistar XQ Dual while the front dual-camera is also backed by a LED Flash for capturing the perfect shot under low lighting conditions.
Now, here we take a look at what else the Mobiistar XQ Dual has to offer and whether it can help the company compete against the likes of Xiaomi, Lenovo and Moto, all of which have a couple of offerings in the same segment.
Mobiistar XQ Dual Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with 16:9 aspect ratio and Asahi Dragontrail 2.5D Glass
- 64-bit Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) coupled with Adreno 505 GPU for graphics.
- 3GB of RAM and 32GB of inbuilt storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card.
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) out of the box with the company’s own custom skin on top.
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD) and a fingerprint scanner at the rear panel
- 13 megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and dual-tone LED flash
- 13 megapixel front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and a secondary 8 megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture and 120-degree wide-angle lens.
- 3000mAh non removable battery with no support for fast charging
- Dimensions: 154.3×76.6×7.9mm and Weight: 160 grams
- 4G VoLTE, ViLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack and FM Radio.
Mobiistar XQ Dual Price and Availability
The Mobiistar XQ Dual will be available in Black and Gold color options, and is priced at Rs. 7,999. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart from May 30th while the company says that it will have over 1000 service centers across India from the say day. Mobiistar XQ Dual also comes with an offer from Flipkart which lets buyers exchange any old smartphone for a discount worth Rs. 1000 as well as a complete mobile protection at just Rs. 99 along with a Rs. 2200 cashback for all Reliance Jio customers.