Micromax Dual 5 has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs 24,999 and a dual rear camera coupled with a plethora of performance capabilities. Micromax Dual 5 will be available on Flipkart from 10th April as well as offline stores and by all means, this smartphone has everything in its backpack to bring the company back into the competition.
Micromax Dual 5 is the first offering from the company after an almost year-long lull and over the last couple of years, Indian smartphones companies have struggled to keep up with their Chinese counterparts like Xiaomi and Lenovo, who have been ruling the market for quite some time now.
Micromax have had some flagships but mostly in the mid-budget range and not the ones that can compete with real premium flagships. The last time we saw an attempt from the company to offer a Value For Money (VFM) device was the Canvas Knight but after that Redmi, Motorola, and Lenovo took over.
However, the Indian smartphone manufacturer is back with Micromax Dual 5 and it is nothing short of a bang!!
Micromax Dual 5 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / micro)
- 13MP (monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, Sony sensors, 4K video recording
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, soft selfie flash, Sony sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor Infrared sensor
4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz),Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type C
- 3200mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
What’s Good With Micromax Dual 5
- The super AMOLED screen shows extremely vivid images
- The smartphone comes with a safe switch, ensuring that no one else can unlock the device or shut it down without a password. Any attempt to pull out the SIM card would lock the phone and will also capture the picture of the suspected intruder.
- Micromax Dual 5 sports an all-metal body, in curved back. The quality of the metal is really good and it can even give an iPhone or the OnePlus 3 a run for their money.
- The 13+13 dual rear camera offers exceptional quality even in low lighting.
- The 13 MP front camera with Flash is the best offing for selfie freaks.
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor, Adreno 510 GPU, 4GB LPDDR3 RAM and the humongous 128 GB internal memory will ensure that there are no lags or frame drops while multitasking and gaming, respectively.
- 3200 mAh battery will offer 12 hours of heavy usage
What We Miss in Micromax Dual 5
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- At this price point, a bigger SoC like Snapdragon 820 could have done wonders for the Micromax Dual 5
- An updated UI is something that Micromax Dual 5 should have come up with. The tasteless and clunky interface is not at all pleasant for the eyes, even the excessive bloatware should have been eliminated.
- Camera performance is not as good as the Mi 5, OnePlus 3 and even the Honor 8 when it comes to low lighting pictures.
Should You Buy One?
Well, Micromax Dual 5 is one of the best offerings from the company, hell, it is even the best we have seen from an Indian smartphone manufacturer in recent years. However, when it comes to competition, the outdated and clumsy software is holding the Micromax Dual 5 back, despite the plethora of performance capabilities this smartphone boast of. At Rs 24,999, if Micromax comes up with a well-tuned software, we may have a contender in the sub-Rs 25,000 category.