It’s been a long time since Meizu was in news for a new smartphone launch but the Chinese manufacturer has made a rather glittering comeback in the market and has started 2018 with a bang.
How so? Well, the company has launched its newest smartphone, the Meizu M6S with flagship features and a rather competitive price tag, which acts as a cherry on top. Notably, this is Meizu’s first smartphone to come with an edge-to-edge 18:9 display with almost no bezels and by doing so, the smartphone maker has joined the likes of Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi and OnePlus, to name a few, who have been offering bezel-less devices for more than a year now.
But what makes Meizu M6S stand apart from the crowd is the Samsung Exynos 7872 processor which is seen for the first time in a smartphone and to double it up, M6S has a ‘Notch’ of its own but it is placed on the side for making room for a fingerprint sensor and a power button.
Meizu M6S also comes with the company’s very own series of navigation gestures known as “Super mBack” which is built into the on-screen home button, however, it has been renamed to the “Halo” button. The latest version “Super mBack” comes with a new feature which has shortcuts for apps running in the background.
Apart from that, the Meizu M6S offers a great camera package as well, which comes with an in-built real-time beautification mode and a big display for multimedia consumption.
Meizu M6S Specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720) Full HD+ in-cell display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 1000: 1 contrast ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 450cd / m² brightness and 283 PPI.
- 2.0GHz Hexa-Core Samsung Exynos 7872 14nm chipset paired with Mali-G71 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB/64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with a microSD card.
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6.2 on top.
- Dual SIM and Fingerprint sensor embedded in the power button.
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens and CMOS sensor.
- 8MP front-facing camera with fixed focus and f/2.0 aperture.
- 3000mAh non-removable battery with fast charging support
- Dimensions: 152 × 72.54 × 8mm and Weight: 160g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS with GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, and Micro USB support.
Meizu M6S Price And Availability
Priced at 999 yuan (Rs. 9925 approx.) for the 32GB storage version and 1199 yuan (Rs. 11909 approx.) for the 64GB storage version, Meizu M6S will be available in Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, Matte Black and Cobalt Blue color options. While pre-orders have already begun on 17th January, the smartphone goes on sale on 19th January in China.
At this price point, Meizu M6S will compete with the likes of Honor 7X, Honor 9 Lite, Lenovo K8 Note and Moto G5S, to name a few. And from the looks of it, if the device witnesses a global launch, tables are expected to be turned and the mid-budget smartphones segment is highly likely to get a new ‘poster boy’.
Follow this space for more updates on Meizu M6S.