After introducing the V30S ThinQ and V30S+ ThinQ a while back, LG is now all geared up to launch another smartphone in the ThinQ-series, which is also going to be the company’s new flagship as well as the first smartphone to come with f/1.5 aperture. Dubbed as the LG G7 ThinQ, this new handset has been making huge strides in the smartphone world and after it was confirmed that the LG G7 ThinQ is going to be unveiled at an event on May 2 in New York, now a new image has been leaked which has given us a great insight as to how the G7 ThinQ is going to look like.
While earlier leaks have already highlighted the fact that the LG G7 ThinQ will indeed come with a FullVision display along with a notch at the top of the panel, renowned tipster Evan Blass has recently tweeted an image of the LG G7 ThinQ, which seems to be the official banner of the smartphone. If we go by the image render, it is now confirmed that the new flagship from LG will follow the current trend and might launch the G7 ThinQ with a FullVision display having 19:9 aspect ratio, all thanks to the notch.
However, the said official banner only reveal the front side of the LG G7 ThinQ while the rear panel, there is to be a dual-rear camera setup and an all-glass back while the camera module will surely come with AI-integrated features, just like all the smartphones on the ThinQ range. For the unknown, the ThinQ series comes with features such as AI Cam that will help in enhancing image quality which will be possible through four different levels of optimization levels.
LG G7 ThinQ Specifications (Rumored)
- 6.1-inch MLCD+ (1440 x 3120 pixels) FullVision display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with Adreno 630 GPU for graphics
- 4GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 64GB of inbuilt storage / 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB of inbuilt storage, both variants will come with expandable memory up to 2TB via microSD card.
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) out-of-the-box with LG UX on top.
- 16MP dual rear cameras with LED flash, f/1.5-aperture, and Laser Autofocus
- 8MP front camera with LED flash and a wide-angle lens for group selfies
- Water and dust resistance rating (IP68) and MIL-STD 810G certification
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear panel, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, and Stereo Speakers
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5 LE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), GPS + GLONASS, NFC and USB Type-C support.
- 3000mAh non-removable battery with Fast charging and Wireless charging support
As far as other leaks are concerned, LG G7 ThinQ will be available in Platinum Grey, Moroccan Blue, Moroccan Blue (Matte), Raspberry Rose and Aurora Black color options, while some colors will be limited to the Korean market only. That being said, while there has been no word on the pricing of the smartphone, it might be made available in India by the end of May or in early June. On the other hand, the smartphone is scheduled for an unveiling in South Korea on 3rd May, 20.
Follow this space for updates on the LG G7 ThinQ.