As the year came to an end and we entered into 2018, Lenovo has silently launched another affordable smartphone which is also the company’s first handset to come with a FullView display. Dubbed as the Lenovo K320t, it will take on the likes of upcoming Redmi Note 5, Honor 7X and Moto G5S Plus, which has recently received a price cut.
Moreover, since the Lenovo K320t comes with a FullView display offering 18:9 aspect ratio, it will also have to compete with the Micromax Canvas Infinity and LG Q6 which were among the first ones to introduce this flagship feature into the affordable segment.
Going by Lenovo’s previous launches, it seems like the Lenovo K320t is just the stepping stone towards the company’s future plans as the smartphone hasn’t been marketed heavily while getting launched silently.
That said, when it comes to this particular smartphone manufacturers, one thing is for sure which is, every new launch in the last couple of years has been a near perfect well-rounded device and Lenovo K320t is no exception.
But does the Lenovo K320t has what it takes to be another success story for the company? We have our doubts due to an already competitive segment. However, it does ask for some attention due to its well-rounded specs-sheet.
Lenovo K320t Specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 x 720) HD+ full-screen display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 81.4% screen-to-body ratio, 282.45 PPI and an unidentified screen protection.
- 1.3GHz Quad-Core Spreadtrum processor coupled with Mali-G72 GPU for graphics.
- 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with a microSD card.
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) out of the box
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, LED flash and a secondary 2MP camera with f/2.2 aperture.
- 8MP front camera with fixed focus and f/2.2 aperture.
- Dual SIM and Fingerprint sensor at the rear
- 3000mAh battery with no fast charging support.
- 3.5mm audio jack and FM Radio
- Dimensions: 155.2 x 73.5 x 8.5mm and Weight: 153.8g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS and Micro USB support.
Lenovo K320t Price And Availability
Priced at 999 yuan (Rs. 9,770 approx.), Lenovo K320t will be available in Black color, however, as part of the launch offers, the handset will be available at a discounted price of 799 yuan (Rs. 7,810 approx.) when it goes on sale from 4th January on jd.com in China.
As for its Indian availability, the company might not even launch the Lenovo K320t in the country and use it as a stepping stone for a better offering on the future, as we already have a host of other options available at this price point.
Lenovo K320t Review (First Impressions)
- Since the device comes with a FullVision display along with a dual-camera setup capable of depth as well as bokeh effects, the Lenovo K320t is powered by a lower-end Spreadtrum processor which can’t even offer the performance credentials of its MediaTek counterpart and matching that of an SD-made SoC is out of the question.
- However, when it comes to media consumption, the 5.7-inch Full View display offers great viewing angles as well details in output under direct sunlight. Coming to the cameras, while the package is indeed a great attempt as this the company’s first dual-camera smartphone at this price but we have seen better, thanks to the 10.Or G (Tenor G).
- That said, we have a weakness towards stock Android and despite the fact that Lenovo K320t doesn’t offer Android Oreo, the purest form of Android 7.1.1 Nougat sets it apart from the competition.
- The battery backup is great but we do miss fast charging support and coming to the build quality, the polycarbonate does impart competition but lacks in given the premium metal feel.
Lenovo K320t is definitely the perfect first step towards what the company is planning to offer its fans in 2018 but as far as this handset is concerned, it’s better to give it a miss.