Huawei has launched its supposedly smartest and most powerful phone Mate 10 Pro on Monday. With the specifications that can easily compete with iPhone X, the third-largest smartphone manufacturer has also focused on the high-end premium look of Huawei Mate 10 Pro. With a price tag of EUR 799 (roughly Rs. 61,000), the smartphone will be available for purchase starting November.
With high-end premium specifications and focus on artificial intelligence, it is powered by Huawei’s HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC with i7 coprocessor. The Huawei Mate 10 Pro can also be connected to a monitor to mirror a desktop-like experience.
It runs on an Android 8.0 and has a Leica dual-lens camera with 12-megapixel RGB sensor, and 20-megapixel monochrome sensor. With a 2x Hybrid Zoom, laser autofocus, optical image stabilization (OIS), dual-tone LED flash, and Huawei’s own dual ISP. Huawei Mate 10 Pro also comes with an 8-megapixel front-facing camera which claims to enhance the picture and video experience for the users.
Huawei Mate 10 Pro specifications
- 6-inch (2160 x 1080) Full HD edge-to-edge bezel-less display with an 18:9 aspect ratio and a contrast ratio of 70000:1, offering 112% NTSC Color Gamut and 499 ppi.
- 1.8 GHz Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 10 nm SoC and i7 co-processor coupled with Mali G72 MP12 GPU, NPU.
- 6GB/128GB and 4GB/64GB versions, having expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD
- Android 8.0 Oreo (Open Wonder) out of the box with EMUI 8.0 on top.
- Hybrid Dual SIM jacks (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD), Fingerprint scanner and Infrared sensor.20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) dual camera setup at the rear with Leica Summilux-H lenses, f/1.6 aperture, PDAF, CAF, Laser AF, OIS, dual-tone LED flash and 4K video recording support.
- 8MP front-facing fixed-focus camera with f/2.0 aperture, wide-angle lens for group selfies.
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
- IP67 rating for Water and dust resistance.
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), GPS, NFC and USB Type-C.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro measures 154.2 x 74.5 x 7.9mm and Weighs 178g
- Color Options: Titanium Gray, Midnight Blue, Pink Gold and Mocha Brown
The smartphone manufacturer has claimed that the Huawei Mate 10 Pro will learn user’s usage patterns over the time to choose frequently used apps and close the rest to save battery life. Huawei also added that Huawei Mate 10 Pro would be able to do ‘smart’ things faster, without compromising with user’s privacy.
Huawei Mate 10 Pro will be taking on Apple, Samsung, and Google in the premium flagship market. It comes with a 3D glass design and water-resistant body. The 4000mAh battery comes with a SuperCharge technology but to our surprise, Huawei has ditched the audio jack in favour of a USB port but it does come with a Hi-res audio playback.
It might have been launched as a rival to iPhone X, Samsung S8 and Google Pixel 2 but knowing that all these companies already enjoy a strong user base, Huawei, may get knocked down in the premium flagship segment. Huawei Mate 10 Pro is the Chinese manufacturer’s jack of all trades unless it gets a base to become an ace or a king.
There are no words cooking up in the air about the Indian launch of the smartphone, however, it will be available in around 20 countries starting mid-November at a price of 799 euros (Rs 61,000 approx), having specs like 6GB RAM and 128GB storage.
17 October 2017
Avni S. Singh