“Honor 8 Pro”, a smartphone that was launched in Europe a couple of months back, is device that the Indian fans have been waiting for after the teaser in form of Honor 8 Lite that despite being not the best in the segment, still asked for attention with its pleasing looks, bright display, a powerful processor and a decent price tag.
With the launch of “Honor 8 Pro”, the company is now looking forward to taking on a segment that has been ruled by OnePlus for quite some time now and that is the Rs 30,000 category. While OnePlus 5 broke the barriers and came with the price tag above the Rs 30,000-mark, “Honor 8 Pro” on the other hand, like the perfect opportunist, will be coming to the rescue of every smartphone enthusiasts who still want a mainstream-lookalike but with an economical price tag.
“Honor 8 Pro” will be launched in India on 6th July and will be an Amazon exclusive, and if you haven’t bought the OnePlus 5 until now, you have all the reasons to wait a little more and see what Honor 8 Pro will be offering and at what price.
While OnePlus 5 is new to the game of dual cameras, Honor has been doing it for generations now and “Honor 8 Pro” will come with the fourth generation dual camera units at the rear that are touted to be the best in class.
However, there is even more to “Honor 8 Pro” and here is the spec sheet to prove it.
- Metal unibody design that measures 6.97mm in thickness and comes with rounded edges
- 5.7-inch (1440×2560 pixels) QHD LTPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection, offering 515ppi
- 2.4GHz Kirin 960 processor, (4 Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.8GHz + 4 Cortex-A73 cores clocked at 2.4GHz) coupled with Mali-G71 MP8
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with EMUI 5.1 on top
- 12MP dual camera at the rear with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, laser autofocus, 4K video recording, RGB and monochrome support.
- 8MP shooter at the front with f/2.0 aperture and [email protected] for selfies and video calling.
- Fingerprint scanner at the back
- 4000mAh battery with Smart Power 5.0 support
- 4G LTE connectivity, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, and NFC support
“Honor 8 Pro” is definitely one of the best smartphones that we have seen in the premium mid-budget segment as it offers distinctive design, which OnePlus 5 doesn’t, and a bright display which despite taking a lot of juice from the battery, stands out in the competition.
Moreover, while OnePlus 5’s dual camera has been highly criticized for its real-time performance, Honor 8 Pro comes with a tried and tested shooter and this is where the latter has a clear upper hand over the former.
On the other hand, Snapdragon 835 is one of the USPs of OnePlus 5 but Honor 8 Pro’s Kirin 960 processor is also one of the smoothest SoC available in the market. With a back and forth game between these two exceptional devices, it all comes down to the price tag and once Honor 8 Pro is launched in India, we will be able to decide a clear winner here.
Until then, if you haven’t bought the OnePlus 5, it’s worth waiting for the “Honor 8 Pro” because it’s going to be tough call choosing the best among them.