Table of Contents
Gionee M6S Plus has been launched in China with a price tag of CNY 3,499 (or approx Rs. 32,750) for the 64GB variant and CNY 4,299 (or approx Rs. 40,238) for the 256GB variant. Gionee has somehow managed to launch a couple of masterpieces in the first quarter of 2017 and Gionee M6S Plus is no exception.
Chinese manufacturers have been doing head-to-head in their home country and industry leaders like Xiaomi had to add ‘former leaders’ before their name due to the fact that Oppo, Gionee, and Vivo have understood the concept of VFM devices and are coming with an add-on of ‘better hardware’. This is what Gionee M6S Plus is all about.
Gionee M6S Plus Specifications
- 6-inch (1920×1080) Full HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB /256GB Internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with micro SD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.5
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and 1.4μm Pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture and 1.4um pixel size
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 80.9 x 8.25mm; Weight: 215g
- Fingerprint sensor, Encrypted chip (in China only)
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), GPS and USB OTG
- 6020mAh battery with fast charging
What we Like About Gionee M6S Plus
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor, 6GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64G/256GB internal memory coupled with Adreno 510 GPU, will offer the best gaming and multitasking experience without any frame drops or lags. The 6GB RAM is one of the best features in Gionee M6S Plus and this will also be its biggest selling point.
- 6-inch (1920×1080) Full HD AMOLED display is one of the best in the Industry and is used by more premium smartphone manufacturers like Samsung.
- 12MP camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and 1.4μm Pixel size, featuring at the back of Gionee M6S Plus will offer exceptional outdoor quality and at-par details in low lighting conditions.
- 8MP front-facing camera is one of the best units for outdoor selfies
- The humongous 6020 mAh battery with fast charging will give Gionee M6S Plus over 2 days of back-up, on moderate usage.
What we miss in Gionee M6S Plus
- Android 7.0 Nougat should have been offered with this smartphone. It could have made the user interface more mesmerizing with least amount of bloatware.
- While the outdoor quality of both the rear and front camera is above standards, indoor and low-lighting conditions certainly challenge the shooters.
- At this price range, a dual-camera setup at the back would have been a welcomed feature.
The biggest set back with Gionee M6S Plus is the price tag. By asking CNY 3,499 (or approx Rs. 32,750) for the 64GB variant, the Chinese manufacturer has put this new phablet in direct competition with the likes of OnePlus 3T and Honor 8, which offer better multimedia experience. However, if power is your need and you can compromise with the multimedia package (not that much, though) than Gionee M6S Plus ticks all the right boxes for becoming your next companion.
Moreover, with a 6-inch display, Gionee M6S Plus has entered the phablet category and there are not many choices in this segment. So, it might see a success that our vision can not see right now.
As for the availability in India, Gionee earlier said that it would bring M6 and M6 Plus here, post-Diwali but they never made a touchdown. With the Gionee M6S Plus, the Chinese manufacturer may bring the lineup to Indian considering the drought in VFM phablet segment. Until then, Oppo F3 Plus has to be your ultimate buy.