After launching the Cool 2 in India, Coolpad has now launched its next smartphone dubbed as the Coolpad Note 6 which will be succeeding the Coolpad Note 5 and also marks the company’s aggressive comeback in the Indian smartphone space, since parting ways with LeEco. For the unknown, Coolpad Note 5 is the company’s latest budget smartphone which will also be an offline exclusive, which means that the Chinese smartphone maker will have an advantage over its online-exclusive competition.
From what we can see, the Coolpad Note 6 comes with a plethora of features that are focused towards offering a better experience and that too at a very affordable price tag. The Coolpad Note 6 comes with an 8-megapixel front camera coupled with a 5-megapixel secondary sensor as well as front flash, which offers the capability of capturing 120-degree wide-angle selfies. While this particular feature makes this the first ever selfie focused smartphone from the company, another highlight of the Note 6 is its humongous 4070 mAh battery which can easily offer enough juice for a full day of heavy usage.
Some of the other highlights of the Coolpad Note 6 includes a dedicated microSD card slot which means that users won’t have to compromise on either an extra connection or expandable storage and the battery promising a standby time of 350 hours.
Coolpad Note 6 Specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD display offering a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels coupled with 2.5D curved glass and a scratch proof protection.
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor clocked at 1.4GHz and coupled with Adreno 505 GPU for graphics.
- 3GB of RAM with 32GB of inbuilt storage / 4GB of RAM with 64GB of inbuilt storage, both models offering expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card.
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) out of the box with the company’s own UI on top
- Dedicated microSD card slot, dual SIM support and a Fingerprint scanner embedded in the home button.
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, Phase Detection Autofocus, LED Flash and a 6P lens
- 8MP front camera with fixed-focus coupled with a secondary 5MP camera and flash, offering 120-degree wide-angle shots
- Coolpad Note 6 measures 153.7×76.4×8.62mm and Weighs 170 grams
- Connectivity options: 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS / GLONASS, 3.5 mm audio jack and micro USB port.
- 4070mAh non removable battery
Coolpad Note 6 Price and Availability
The Coolpad Note 6 is priced at Rs. 8,999 for the 3GB of RAM and 32GB of inbuilt storage version while the 4GB of RAM with 64GB of inbuilt storage version is priced at Rs. 9,999. While the smartphone comes in Gold and Grey color options, it is available through offline modes at more than 300 multi-brand stores across 8 states in India, namely, Delhi NCR, Haryana, Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh from May 1, 2018.