Coolpad Cool Play 6 has been launched in China with a price-tag of 1499 yuan (Rs 15,000 approx) and the kind of specifications this smartphone boasts of, it will definitely be a game changer for the company. Coolpad Cool Play 6 doesn’t come with a big screen but it also does not compromise with the overall display quality. One of the biggest reason behind this is that Coolpad Cool Play 6 will be marketed as a proper gaming phone and users prefer small yet vibrant screen in that case.
Moreover, since it is a gaming smartphone, it also comes with a built-in intelligent temperature control technology that prevents excessive heating while playing graphic-heavy games for too long. Coolpad Cool Play 6 also features a sleek design with a premium metal body and is available in black as well as soft gold colors. However, it is not a bezel-less smartphone and the bottom bezels look unusually large despite the absence of physical home button.
Another highlight of Coolpad Cool Play 6 is the dual camera setup at the back with makes it a perfect combination of multimedia and performance oriented smartphone. Moreover, Coolpad is known for offering some of the most value for money handsets and this device is no exception.
Coolpad Cool Play 6 Specifications
- 5.5 inch (1920 x 1080) IPS display with 403 PPI and Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 64-bit 1.9GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 chipset coupled with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat based on LeEco’s EUI
- 13MP+13MP dual camera setup at the rear with 6P lens, HDR, PDAF f/2.0 aperture and dual-tone LED Flash
- 8MP front shooter with f/2.2 aperture for selfies and video calling
- 4060mAh Non-Removable Battery with Quick Charge support and 252 hours of standby time
- Fingerprint scanner and dual-SIM support
- 4G LTE, VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, WiFi (802.11 ac/a/b/g/n), and USB Type-C port.
What we like in Coolpad Cool Play 6
- There is everything to like in Coolpad Cool Play 6 except some tits and bits. From exceptional dual camera with dual tone led flash to the hardware consisting of 64-bit 1.9GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 coupled with 6GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, from Android 7.1.1 Nougat on top of LeEco’s EUI that doesn’t come with excessive bloatware to the built-in intelligent temperature control technology, Coolpad Cool Play 6 is one hell of a smartphone and the price tag 1499 yuan (Rs 15,000 approx) has just made the competition more fierce than ever.
- Even the 4060mAh battery delivers two days of battery life on a single charge and Coolpad claims that Cool Play 6 can offer 252 hours of standby, 9 hours of internet browsing as well as six hours of hardcore gaming.
- Moreover, Adreno 510 GPU is one of the most important specs for a gaming smartphone like Coolpad Cool Play 6 and it further comes with 6GB of RAM, making sure that there are no frame drops and lag.
- This might also be the first smartphone to come with a dual camera setup at the rear and 6GB of RAM but still, carry a VFM price-tag.
However, Coolpad Cool Play 6 misses on external storage and comes with an unusual bezel design despite the absence of a physical home button, which might end up as deal-makers for many.
As for the Indian launch of Coolpad Cool Play 6, there is no doubt that the Chinese manufacturer should introduce this smartphone in the Indian market and trust me when I say this, it is going to be an instant hit if it is launched with the same price-tag in India.