Coolpad Cool M7 has been launched in China at RMB 2,699 (Rs 25,900 approx) and the reason why this smartphone has been making headlines is the fact that, from the front, it can be easily misunderstood for an iPhone 7 Plus.
The smartphone comes with a circular home button and thin bezels which literally makes it feel from a higher segment other than looking like an iPhone. However, as cool as mid-budget Android phone with looks of an iPhone sounds, it still is a big risk to take, but going by the past records, Coolpad Cool M7 is likely to sell like hot cakes.
Even from the rear, the only thing that differentiates Coolpad Cool M7 from an iPhone 7 Plus is single-camera unit placed exactly at the same spot as that of the Apple product. However, there is more to Coolpad Cool M7 than just the design, like an exceptional front camera and great under the hood power, but is this enough to justify the price tag that the Coolpad Cool M7 carries? Let’s see.
Coolpad Cool M7 Specifications
- 6.9mm Slim metallic unibody.
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, offering 401 ppi.
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor coupled with Adreno 506 GPU.
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, no option of expandable storage.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with new Journey UI on top.
- Dual SIM 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX362 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size PADF, and HDR.
- 13MP front-facing camera with fixed focus f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size and 79.8-degree field of view.
- Fingerprint sensor and dual-SIM support
- 3200mAh battery with quick charge support.
- 3.5mm audio jack and dedicated amplifier.
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), GPS + GLONASS, USB 2.0 Type-C.
- Coolpad Cool M7 Dimensions: 151.16×74.32×6.9mm; Weight: 152g
- Color Options: Matte Black and Blue
With all these specifications and a design to die for, thanks to the thin bezels and thin metallic body, the Coolpad Cool M7 stays true to its pre-launch hype but one thing that really is a concern for this Android 7.1.1 Nougat powered device is that fact that it seems a little bit over priced.
If the Chinese manufacturer is thinking about launching the Coolpad Cool M7 in India, it will have to be priced way closer to the Rs 20,000 mark, otherwise, the only marketing point that Coolpad Cool M7 would be left with is its iPhone 7 Plus looks and this is not a nice tag for a mid-budget smartphone.
Moreover, with a tried and tested SD 625 (should have been an SD 800-series SoC), best in class camera performance and a good audio output, Coolpad Cool M7 has everything needed to become a blockbuster, sans limited memory.