The much-awaited ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 is finally here and after all those leaks and rumors which hinted towards a great all-rounded package in the mid-budget smartphone segment, the curtains have been removed and the official details of ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 indeed look promising. For the unknown, the said smartphone will be going head-to-head against none other than the segment leader Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, and from what we see, Asus has played a trump card in this already crowded as well as competitive category.
On paper, the Zenfone Max Pro M1 packs excellent specifications that are completely in-line with the Redmi Note 5 Pro and in some areas, the smartphone even masters the latter. With a tall 5.99-inch FullView display, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC, dual rear camera, and a huge battery capacity, the ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 ticks all the right boxes. That being said, the Redmi Note 5 Pro enjoys a huge fan base in India and completing the industry leader won’t be an easy task for Asus as Xiaomi is the one company that has literally defined the mid-budget segment.
However, it’s been a really long time since we have seen a perfect Xiaomi competitor in India and the Zenfone Max Pro M1 might be able to take Asus to the big leagues, as the company has also played the stock Android card with its new offering.
ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 Specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, 85% NTSC color gamut and 83% screen-to-body-ratio.
- 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile processor clocked at 1.8GHz coupled with Adreno 509 GPU for graphics.
- 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage version, 4GB /6GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 2TB with a microSD card.
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) out-of-the-box
- Dual SIM (nano + nano), Fingerprint scanner and Face Unlock
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, LED Flash and a secondary 5MP camera with depth-sensing technology for bokeh effects.
- 8MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture and soft LED flash
- 3.5mm audio jack, 5-magnet speaker and NXP Smart Amp
- Dimensions: 159 x 76 x 8.61 mm and Weight: 180g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), micro USB 2.0 support and GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging
- ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 Price and Availability
The ASUS Zenfone Max Pro (M1) will be available in Deepsea Black and Gray color options and is priced at Rs. 10,999 for the 3GB RAM model while the 4GB RAM version with 64GB internal storage costs Rs. 12,999. While the smartphone will be available exclusively from Flipkart from May 3rd. Asus will also be launching a 6GB RAM version with 64GB of internal storage, 16MP primary rear and a 16MP front sensor for Rs. 14,999 soon.
As part of the Zenfone Max Pro M1 launch offers, Asus has partnered with Vodafone India to offer additional 10GB data for one year for prepaid users who choose the Rs 199 recharge plan as well as for Vodafone RED postpaid uses with the Rs 399 plan and above. Moreover, Flipkart is introducing a new Flipkart Complete Mobile Protection plan, which will cover the device damage entirely, including broken screens, hardware & software issues and liquid damage for free, which is a first of its kind service. The best part is the price of this protection plan which is just Rs 49 and is exclusive to all Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 users. For regular users, however, it will be Rs 999 per year.
Launch offers also include no cost EMI and Vodafone Rs 3200 offer and Rs 1000 off on select exchange models.