Asus Zenfone 3 Max, a smartphone that was launched in December last year at a price of Rs 17,999 has received its second price-cut in less than a year and is now available at Rs 12,999 on all major e-commerce sites such as Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal as well as leading retail chains including Asus Exclusive Stores in India.
Also Read: Asus ZenFone 3X Max Review
Coming to what’s great about the Asus Zenfone 3 Max other than the battery is the sturdy yet simple built, vibrant display, a good performance package for moderate usage and multitasking, and a rear camera worth appreciating.
Asus Zenfone 3 Max Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080) 2.5D curved glass display offering 450nits brightness and 401 ppi
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 430 Soc coupled with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM and 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with a microSD card.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Zen UI 3.0 on top
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED flash and f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing fixed-focus camera with f/2.2 aperture and 84-degree field of view
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear panel.
- 4100mAh (non-removable) battery with quick charge support.
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, and ICEpower enhanced speaker
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS and microUSB 2.0
- Asus Zenfone 3 Max measures 151.4×76.24×8.3mm and weighs 175 grams.
The Asus Zenfone 3 Max, at the time of its launch, was aimed to offer a well-rounded package to aspiring smartphone buyers with new aesthetics, improved display as well as cameras, and a solid battery life.
However, since it was priced at Rs 17,999 it failed to compete with the later launches of Redmi Note 4 and Moto G5 but after receiving multiple price-cuts, Asus Zenfone 3 Max now seems to be a great contender for entry-level buyers, if not the best.
If you are looking for a better camera than that of Redmi Note 4 and dependable body with enough performance credentials for moderate usage, Asus Zenfone 3 Max is definitely a device to consider. That being said, we also have better VFM smartphones than Asus Zenfone 3 Max in the market, as well.