Just a week after Indian Prime Minister announced a rise in customs duty on mobile phones from 15 to 20 percent as per the Union Budget 2018, Apple, which is one of the leading flagship smartphone sellers in India, has increased the price tag of its whole iPhone lineup.
It should be noted that this is the second time in the last three months that Apple has increased the prices of its smartphone lineup in India due to a hike in custom duty on imported phones and since the tech giant already asks for a huge sum for its offering, we might see an impact of this price rise in the next quarterly report of Apple.
As for the consumer, while the custom duty hike in Union Budget 2018 is touted to be in favour of giving a boost to local manufacturing under the Make In India initiate, it is also true that no Indian smartphone maker is capable of producing a masterpiece that Apple has been giving its fanbase for a long time now.
But what is done is done and Union Budget 2018 have added more miseries to lives of a common man, at least this is what social media is talking about right now.
That said, while we can still ponder over what good Union Budget 2018 has come up with, but as far as your iPhone dreams are concerned, they are going to ask for more cash from your pocket.
New iPhone Prices In India
- Apple iPhone X’s 64GB and 256GB versions will now retail at Rs 95,390 and Rs 1,08,930, an increase of Rs 2,960 and Rs 3,210, respectively.
- While iPhone 8’s 64GB variant was previously priced at Rs 66,120 it now comes with a price tag of Rs 67,940. The 256GB variant, on the other hand, saw a price rise from Rs 79,420 to Rs 81,500.
- As for the iPhone 8 Plus, its 64GB will now retail at Rs 77,560 (instead of Rs 75,450) and the 256GB model will cost Rs 91,110, up from Rs 88,750.
- iPhone 7, Apple’s 2016 flagship, will now cost Rs 52,370 for the 32GB variant, up from its original price of Rs 50,810 while the price tag of 128GB model has been increased from Rs 59,910 to 61,560.
- This brings us to the iPhone 7 Plus, which is still brought in huge numbers since its successor didn’t come with much of the new factor will now retail at Rs 62,840 and Rs 72,060 for the 32GB and 128 GB versions, respectively.
- iPhone 6s, which previously had a price tag of Rs 42,900 for the 32GB model, will now cost Rs 42,900, while the price tag of the 128GB version has been increased to Rs 52,100 from Rs 50,660.
- iPhone 6s Plus’ 32GB and 128GB variants, which were earlier priced at Rs 50,740 and Rs 59,860, respectively, will now retail at Rs 52,240 and Rs 61,450.
- Apple iPhone 6 (32GB) too saw a price rise from Rs 30,780 to Rs 31,900.
- The only silver lining in Apple iPhones’ price hike is that the company’s mid-ranger, iPhone SE will retail at the same price tags of Rs 26,000 and Rs 35,000 for the 32GB and 128GB versions, which have been the money-makers for the tech giant in India.
The new Apple iPhone Price List will be applicable from Monday, 5th February 2018.
Apart from the iPhones, Apple Watch models also saw a price rise as the Apple Watch Series 3 (38mm) is now retailing at a new MRP of Rs. 32,380, a hike of Rs. 2,480 while the Apple Watch Series 3 (42mm), witnessed a price hike of Rs. 2,510 with a new MRP of Rs. 34,410.