New Delhi: In the times of expensive smart phones and gadgets, an Indian company launched what certainly is Worlds’ cheapest smartphone. Noida-based Ringing Bells launched the phone ‘Freedom 251’ priced at Rs 251 at an event today.
The phone is already listed on the company’s website, however, it will be available for buying on February 18 at 6 am and will close on February 21 at 8 pm.
Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar officially launched the smartphone in the national capital.
The company says that ‘Freedom 251’ launch is line with the PM Narendra Modi’s vision of ‘empowering India to the last person, transforming India’s growth story’.
Take a look at 8 things we know about the phone so far:
1. The phone operates on the recent Android Lollipop 5.1 OS. It will run most of the apps and looks much better than Kitkat.
2. It features a 4-inch qHD (960×540 pixels) IPS display, and Qualcomm 1.3GHz quad-core processor.
3. The smartphone offers 8GB internal storage, which can be expanded up to 32GB using a microSD card. Though, sadly the SD card will cost you more than the phone.
4. The phone comes with two cameras- 3.2-megapixel auto focus camera at the back and a 0.3-megapixel VGA selfie camera.
5. In Rs 251 you will even get 3G support in the phone for lighting speed Internet.
6. Freedom 21 encompasses 1,450 mAh battery. It won’t last you all day but considering the price it’s worth it.
7. The phone has 1 GB RAM that will allow easy running of Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and still save some space for other apps.
8. The device will also have some pre-installed apps like Women Safety, Swachh Bharat, Farmer, Fisherman, Medical, Facebook, WhatsApp and YouTube among others.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more updates. Don’t forget to like and share. Do tell us your views in the comment box below.
16 feb. 2016