The demand for Azure administrators is across the globe. Research firm Gartner predicts that AZ 104 administrator demand will grow by 34% annually through 2022. That translates to an expected annual growth rate of nearly 40%.
Furthermore, as the cloud computing market continues to grow at an unprecedented rate, more and more companies are opting for cloud services for their business needs. This has also created a massive demand for skilled Azure administrators and Microsoft Azure certification holders. Thus, this article decodes everything you want about this certification exam.
Advantages of Being an AZ-104 Administrator
Becoming an AZ-104 administrator widens your career opportunities across various industries. In addition, you can also get the chance to work for a Fortune 500 company. Or you can find a job with smaller companies looking for talented IT professionals to fill their growing IT departments. As the demand for Azure administrators is expected to increase significantly over the next few years, now is the perfect time to pursue a career in this exciting field.
Why Should You Choose the Azure Course?
The Microsoft Azure course is 8 weeks long and has the following benefits.
- Build a solid foundation in the technical skills needed to administer an Azure environment successfully.
- Hone the practical skills necessary to design, implement, and manage cloud-based systems to meet your organization’s needs.
- Use Windows PowerShell to administer the Azure cloud, manage security, and configure application deployments.
- Get everything you need to prepare for the Associate Cloud Practitioner and Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exams.
- Apply concepts you are learning through multiple practice labs.
- Access tools you need to pass both exams and become certified as an Azure administrator.
- Practice exams and sample exam questions to help to prepare for passing with a good score.
How to Prepare for the Azure Administrator Exam?
- Online Training
Visit a well-known site only to be on the safer side and ensure that the course you choose will help you pass the exam and get your az 104 certification with flying colors. You must also look after the courses’ level of expertise by checking the instructors’ online profiles.
- Mock Tests
Mock tests help you practice well. In addition, it will help you understand the exam pattern and get acquainted with the limited time available for writing the exam.
- Microsoft Documentation
The documents on the Microsoft official website help clear your doubts regarding the theoretical aspects. Furthermore, you can also gauge and prepare for the problematic subtopics with the reference of details from the Microsoft documentation.
Fundamental Topics Covered in AZ-104
There are majorly 5 segments or domains of the certification.
1. Implement and Manage Storage
This section asks about the technical aspect of management for a storage solution. The weightage of the domain is around 10-20%, and it includes sub-topics like storage security, management, and configuration of Azure files and blob.
2. Manage Azure Governance and Identities
Here, you are expected to know the Azure active directory and on-premise active directory. In addition, role-based access control questions are asked besides the management of Azure subscription, security, usage optimization and alerts. This domain also carries 15-20% weightage with almost 10-12 questions, and the subtopics are RBAC, ad objects, governance, and subscription.
3. Configuration and Management of Virtual Network
This segment holds the maximum number of questions and carries around 30-35% weightage. The subtopics include management, implementation, and security of the virtual network (VN), load balancing, troubleshooting VN, and using Azure VN to integrate the on-premises network.
4. Deployment and Management of Azure Compute Resources
This domain carries 25-30% weightage with subtopics like configuring VM, creating containers, automating VMs using the Azure manager template, and configuring the Azure app service.
5. Backing Up and Monitoring Resources
This is the final domain carrying 10-15% weightage. It mainly includes questions related to monitoring resources, and the subtopics are implementing recovery and backup and monitoring resources with Azure monitor.
Good training and practice will help you crack the AZ-104 exam. Other than that, you’ll need proper mentoring and resources along with an intelligent strategy to pass the exam and secure a better future. So prepare accordingly starting today!