India is all set to participate in the Kabaddi World Cup starting from 7th October in their own backyard. India has dominated the sport at the world level and has won the title 7 times, its biggest rival being Pakistan.
Thanks to Pro Kabaddi League franchise, youngsters are getting a chance to show their talents on a big platform. It helped the selectors in making an invincible team for the upcoming World Cup.
Here are the players who got a place in the Indian Team and from whom the nation expects an outstanding performances.
- Pardeep narwal has been awarded with the most valuable player award in the fourth season of Pro Kabaddi League.
- He was also the most successful raider of the third season as he scored 116 raid points in the season, guiding his team Patna Pirates to the title.
- At the age of 19, he is regarded as the best kabaddi player in India currently.
- His ability to dive under a defence leap and taking full points home(dubki) is regarded as the best in world. No opposition has been successful to tackle this move.
- Rahul Chaudhari plays for Telugu Tinas in the Pro Kabaddi League and has scored 485 raid points in 57 games.
- He was the part of the Indian team in South Asian Games when the team received Gold Medal.
- The player has been included in the top five raiders in all the four seasons of PKL and was the top scoring raider in the fourth season with 146 points.
- His agility leaves the opposition defence in a spin and is capable of taking the team to victory single handedly.
- Mohit chillar was the most expensive player in the 2016 Pro kabaddi league.
- He had played the first three seasons for Mumbai and played a pivotal role in leading his team to the title in the second season.
- The defender is regarded as the best in the Indian team. He is known for his aggressive defending strategies as he never waits for the opponent to come near him rather he launches himself onto the opposition’s raider.
- Defending from the Left side, this 23 year old was the most feared defender in all the seasons of Pro Kabaddi League.
- Tomar was one of the most dependable raider for Bengal Warriors in 2016 Pro Kabaddi league and took the team to their first semi-final appearance in the league.
- The player has an average of 55 raid points in the last two seasons and his abilities as a defender makes him a perfect all arounder.
- His special move is the toe touch and many defenders have been a victim of his deadly move.
- Sandeep has a record of 92 raid points and 26 tackle points in the first season of Pro Kabaddi League.
- He was the awarded as the best defender in PKL season three with 161 tackle points.
- Narwal became the second most expensive player in 2016 PKL when telegu titans bought him for a substantial amount of 45.5 lakhs.
Now the Indian team has a great combination of experienced as well as young players and we hope that the team continues to dominate the sport at World level.
5 Oct 2016