After a terrible start in the ongoing Tri-Nation Series, South Africans showcased brilliant performances not only while batting but also on the field.
South Africa came on the top of the table after beating West Indies by a huge margin of 139 runs in a sixth ODI at Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts.
Hashim Amla played magnificently as he broke the Virat Kohli’s record and became the fastest batman to reach 23 ODI centuries in 132 innings. His record-breaking ton (110 off 99 balls) and Faf du Plessis’ quick fire 73 off just 50 balls including 6 fours and 2 sixes led South Africa to a total of 343/4 in 50 overs.
South African bowlers needed to bowl well after their brilliant batting performance. Imran Tahir bowled his career best spell of 7/45 and collapsed West Indies side for 204.
Amla’s century and Tahir’s career best performance broke numerous records. Here are the stats for all the records the South African team broke in sixth ODI:
1. Hashim Amla equalled the record of most number of ODI centuries in West Indies, with Australian batsman Matthew hayden.
2. 7/ 45, This is the best bowling by a South African Bowler in ODIs.
3. In this match South African spinners took 9 wickets, which is the most by South Africa in ODIs.
4. Amla became the fastest batsman to reach 1000 runs in ODIs against West Indies.
5. Imran Tahir became the first proteas spinner to reach a milestone of 100 wickets in ODIs.
6. Amla broke Virat Kohli’s record to become the fastest batsman to reach 23 ODI centuries.
7. Hashim Amla and Quinton de Kock’s opening stand of 182 runs became the 4th highest opening partnership in the West Indies.
8. South Africa scored the 2nd highest total against West Indies at their own home ground in an ODI.
16 June, 2016