Lips are one of the most prominent features of one’s face and we spend so much time just making them look good. While for women it’s obviously about lipsticks, lipliners and what not, these days even men can’t seem to let go of their lip balms. All of this is done to make them appear luscious, plumpy and a true bearer of healthy lips.
However, in the quest of making them look good and desirable, we have somehow forgotten about actually caring for them. Much like your hair, skin and health, even your lips need some good and wholehearted lip care routine which keeps them looking good and appear like a beautiful pair of healthy lips. This means that you’ll no longer have to deal with dry, chapped, flaky and extremely painful lips anymore.
In order to get luscious and healthy lips for yourself, there are certain things that you should be and should not be doing.
1. Start using lip balms with SPF in it. Sun rays are not only harmful to your skin but also for your lips which are known to have super sensitive skin. When you put on a lip balm with SPF in it, it keeps your lips protected and under a safety net.
2. Eat as much fish as possible, it is known to work wonders for your hair, skin and even lips leaving them looking like a pair of luscious and healthy lips, something that we all crave.
3. Drink more water. Yes, water is the answer to all your problems. In fact, it is the cheapest way of achieving anything that you want, shiny hair, clear and glowing skin, clean gut, faster metabolism, healthy lips? Water is the answer to everything.
4. Use a humidifier. These machines have grown to be very popular in the past few years all thanks to millions of benefits it has on us. A humidifier adds moisture in the air which prevents dryness and eventually gives you not-so-dry lips.
5. Always remember to apply lip balm before you go to bed as it is the only time when a lip balm truly stays on your lips and can work its magic.
6. Apply some lip balm outside of your lip lining, this way you end up involving every part of the lip right from where it starts.
1. Stop licking your lips at this very second. This is one habit which is the major reason behind your dry and chapped lips. We are so used to doing this that we even lick our lips unconsciously which results in us eating our entire lipstick which sitting doing nothing.
2. Never ever pick flaky lips. This not only causes them to bleed and hurt like hell but also result in more flaky lips, in short, it is a never-ending cycle that no one should even start.
3. Stop using old lip products. We have a habit of never throwing away our old lipsticks, lip balms and other lip products which have not to be finished yet, even though all of them have a best before the date written on it. These expired lip products are one of the major reasons why you’re loosing out on healthy lips.
4. Stop using these extra long-wear lipsticks that promise to be on your lips for 12-16 hours. They’re slowly and steadily taking away the life from your lips and leaving you with dry and chapped lips.
5. If you have a lip balm which carried mint or methanol in it then dump it right away. These lip balms feel very good and cooling but the reality is that they are making your lips dry and flaky.
These were some of the major do’s and don’ts that everyone should be following for their healthy lips. In addition to these tips, always keep in mind that nothing is much better than exfoliating your lips every now and then. The entire exfoliation process works like replacing your old lips for new and improved ones. You can, in fact, make one for yourself at home, all you need is one part honey, one part olive oil and one part brown sugar. Mix all of these ingredients and then scrub them on your lips for some good 5-10 minutes. Post this particular session you would be left with plump, luscious and healthy lips.
Keep all of these things in mind and nothing and no one can beat your healthy lips game.