Delicious juicy dough inside and double chocolate icing on top. The cake is so full of chocolate that you can’t top it with chocolate anymore. Let’s learn how to make a chocolate cake or rather how to make a cake with chocolate.
The recipe to make a cake with chocolate is easy to follow, and you can become a master baker yourself. If you are a vegan or a vegetarian, It’s best to use unsweetened Applesauce instead of the eggs. The recipe for Applesauce is also included below if you wish to make the Applesauce first and then the cake. It would also increase the preparation time of the chocolate cake by 20-25 minutes. As vegans do not consume milk, you can use a cup of water and 1.5 tsp of butter to replace a cup of milk. So, let’s start baking the best chocolate cake.
- 300 g butter
- 8 tbsp cocoa powder, (80 g)
- 350 g of sugar
- 250 g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Two eggs
- 150 g sour cream
- 60 ml of milk
- 200 g powdered sugar
Working time: 40 min.
1. Bring 200 g butter, 4 tbsp cocoa powder and 200 ml water to the boil while stirring. Boil the butter, cocoa and water in a saucepan while stirring until a shiny cocoa mass has formed.
Let cool for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Mix sugar, flour, baking soda and one pinch of salt in a large bowl. Add eggs and sour cream, stir together with the cocoa mass into the flour mixture. Stir the cocoa mass, eggs and sour cream under the flour mixture with a whisk and make a smooth, liquid dough.
3. Pour the chocolate dough into a greased springform pan. With a silicone spatula, you get the last of the rest of the bowl. Bake on the wire rack in the lower part of the oven for 30 minutes.
4. Bring the remaining butter, remaining cocoa powder, milk and powdered sugar to the boil while stirring.
5. Let the cake cool lukewarm on a wire rack. Pierce the lukewarm cake several times so that the chocolate can soak in and the dough becomes super-juicy. Pour half of the prepared liquid chocolate over it. Let cool down. Remove the cake from the mould with a pointed knife and place it on a cake platter. Warm up the rest of the icing and pour over the cake as a glaze.
Making Applesauce yourself is neither difficult nor time-consuming.
- 1 kg of apples
- 100 ml of water
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- One pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 organic lemon (juice & zest)
- One blender or potato masher
- Four glasses (400 ml each) sterilized
1. Peel the apples thinly, cut out the core casing sparingly and place together with the water, the zest and the juice of half a lemon in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Approximately Simmer for 10 minutes on a low flame with the lid on until the apples are tender.
3. Puree the apples with cinnamon and vanilla and pour them into the sterile jars, screw them in, cover with a towel and let them cool slowly.
This method of preservation, the hot filling, makes the Applesauce for at least three months. The shelf life of the Applesauce can be significantly extended by boiling down the filled glasses.