Narendra Modi, the 14th Prime Minister Of India, is currently one of the most influential people in the world and has literally taken the Indian political scenario by storm while making the country a world power in a short duration as the Prime Minister. Narendra Modi is respected all over the country as well as around the world and his charismatic personality, intelligence and wit have made him a highly valued international figure.
Narendra Modi has great communication skills which is rare to find in Indian politics and he is known to be one of the best orators the country has ever seen. While his command over language is one of the major reasons which has lured the nation by his side, Modi’s vast knowledge in various fields has also made him a force to reckon with on the center stage, which is only because Narendra Modi does his homework well before getting into an issue.
Born on 17th September 1950 as the third child to Damodardas Mulchand and Heeraben Modi, who are proud parents of six children, including Narendra Modi, he is considered as one of the most successful self-made political leaders in the world as his family belongs to an oil-pressing community which is considered as the Other Backward Community (OBC) in India and has no political background at all, in his family.
But without any doubt, the fact that Narendra Modi is the most charismatic leader of the country, needs to be acknowledged as he knows a lot about what he is talking as well as his image of a quick decision maker, is nothing but a result of a great insight.
Narendra Modi began his political journey as a member of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and then rose to the position of the Chief Minister of Gujarat while retaining office for four consecutive terms and thus proving his efficiency as a leader.
The pinnacle of Narendra Modi’s illustrious career was the day when he was elected as the 14th Prime Minister of India in a landslide victory which saw his party winning the elections as a majority without a coalition, for the first time.
Although Narendra Modi was elected by millions to be their leader, but not many really know that much about this highly regarded man, and therefore we decided to throw some light on Narendra Modi’s life with some interesting facts.
Narendra Modi: 10 Interesting Facts About The 14th Indian Prime Minister
- As a youngster, Narendra Modi was fascinated by meditation and wanted to become a sadhu, for which he spent almost 2 years in solitude in the Himalayas where he learned about the Hindutva philosophy, and still continues practice humility as well as patriotism.
- During the 1965 Indo Pak war, Narendra Modi volunteered for a job at the railway station for serving soldiers as they left for the border. In 1967, he also volunteered to serve flood-affected victims in Gujarat.
- Since Narendra Modi is an ardent devotee of Goddess Durga, he fasts for all seven days of the Navratra festival, a custom which he didn’t give up even during his US tour after being elected as the Prime Minister of India. He is also a teetotaller as well as a pure vegetarian.
- Narendra Modi got engaged at the tender age of 13 years but married when he was 18. However, his marriage was never supposed to be consummated which resulted in the couple parting ways, because Narendra Modi wanted to practice celibacy.
- When it comes to hobbies, Narendra Modi is really into writing poetry and photography. While he has published some books in Gujarati poetry, he also held an exhibition to show his photographic work, as well.
- Narendra Modi has studied a course in Public Relations as well as Image Management from the US. He has used his knowledge of the same to manage his strategies as well as promotions during the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, in which he was able to register a phenomenal success.
- During his election campaign for the 2014 elections, which lasted for eight months, Narendra Modi traveled 3 lakh km across 25 states while conducting hundreds of rallied for addressing people to win their votes.
- Narendra Modi is very conscious about his dressing sense and has been well recognized as a global fashion icon. In fact, his Modi jacket, as well as Modi kurta, have become a style statement not only in India, but also around the globe. When it comes to his favorite brand of clothing, Jade Blue, which is an Ahmedabad based textile company, is where he gets all his clothing.
- With more than 6 million followers on Twitter and an equally huge following on Facebook, Narendra Modi is definitely one of the most popular politicians that India has ever seen. The 14th Indian PM is equally popular as a figure internationally as he is one of the four people whom Japanese Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, follows on Twitter.
- As the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Narendra Modi did not take a single day off in 13 years of service and he never had more than 3 people in his personal staff.
These were the 10 little-known facts about Narendra Modi and while he is considered as one of the most promising Indian personalities, the people of World’s Largest Democracy have high hopes from him, as well.
Did we miss out on anything about Narendra Modi Facts? Do let us know in the comments section below.