Surgical strikes were carried out at LOC (Line Of Control) by India on Wednesday night and the news has been confirmed by Lt. Gen Ranbir Singh, The Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) on Thursday evening.
Lt. Gen Ranbir Singh said in a statement that strike was conducted after they got information from a trusted source that some terrorist groups were planning an attack at LOC. The strike was focused on not letting the group achieve its target and endanger the lives of Indian citizens.
He also said that many of the terrorist had been eliminated from their posts making the strike successful. The people living in the area were not informed about the threat due to the limited time in which they had to take action against these terrorists.
Now the area has been evacuated for security reasons, to decrease the security risk of the people living there. The villages under the 10 km radius of LOC have been evacuated and the villagers were unhappy on the situation because the same incidents happened in the 1965 and 1971 when India went to war with Pakistan.
On the other hand, some of the villagers are feeling delighted, as they mark this action by the Indian army as an answer to the recent attack at Uri, which killed 18 army soldiers.
— PIB India (@PIB_India) September 29, 2016
Punjab has been declared on high alert as there is a possibility of another attack at the Line Of Control.
On the possibility of any further action, the Indian Director General Of Military Operations said: “We do not have any plans to continue. However the Indian armed forces are fully prepared to deal with any contingency which may arise. I have spoken to Pakistani DGMO and expressed our concern. It is India’s intention to maintain peace and tranquillity in the region but we cannot certainly allow terrorists to operate across the Line of Control with impunity and attack our citizens”.
— Arun Jaitley (@arunjaitley) September 29, 2016
He also stated that the Indian Army requested the support of Pakistan Forces to which Pakistan refused and further said that they had no information about the strike.
Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif also warned India that they are aiming at a peaceful accord and this should not be taken their weakness.
He further stated that the surgical strike never happened and the Indian soldiers conducted a cross border fire which killed two Pakistani soldiers and breaking the rules of engagement at LOC.(oh come on!!)
Pakistani official gave an open warning that if India does this again than there will be a counter strike.
India has finally took a stand against terrorism and Pakistan involvement in terrorist activities and now we have to see that how the Pakistani forces will reply to this strike?
29 September 2016