If in case you were wondering how many deaths in India due to Coronavirus have already taken place, then perhaps it’s time to know that there’s already been one casualty. At a time where much of the wider world is already concerned about the growing number of casualties, India has begun to witness the worst that can happen.
And needless to say, it’s the fatality that one is most concerned about. Isn’t it? But while there cannot be any sense in the comparison between the number of deaths in India due to Coronavirus vis-a-vis those in other parts of the world- such as Iran, China, South Korea, and other geographies- there’s definitely a reason to worry.
Surely, as much of the world is still trying to come to grips with the colossal damage that the underlying effects of Coronavirus are causing, India too is preparing to embrace the worst.
In what can only be called timely and much-needed aspects of prevention, the country has already issued advisories- often, on a repeat basis- to shut any possible avenues that accommodate space for public gathering. These being schools, cinema halls, shopping malls amid other places. While these aren’t true for all states at the moment, the national capital- New Delhi- has already implemented a strict guideline for the course of action to follow in the wake of the deadly Coronavirus.
It’s been confirmed that schools and cinema halls are all set to remain shut until March 31, 2020. And post that, depending on the extremity of the situation, further notice would be issued to the denizens.
Meanwhile, what one had been desperately hoping to avoid did occur, after all: the matter pertaining to deaths in India due to Coronavirus.
In fact, the first instance of death in India due to the deadly infection took place in the southern state of Karnataka. A 76-year-old gentleman, who had returned from Saudi Arabia to the southern Indian state became the first casualty owing to the disease.
The following is what the BBC had to report in the matter:
The state’s health minister said that the people who came in contact with the person were being traced and quarantined.
India has 73 confirmed cases of the virus, the health ministry says.
The man died on Tuesday but his test results were made public on Thursday.
Officials said he was screened at the airport when he arrived from Saudi Arabia, but showed no symptoms at the time.
He had breathing difficulties on 5 March and was subsequently taken to a hospital.
Meanwhile, the country is already preparing for further damages and extremities.
Soon to host the much-vaunted and highly-talked-about T20 franchise competition, the IPL, there already are growing concerns whether the famous swashbuckling competition can go ahead, after all, keeping in mind the safety and well-being of both fans and participating cricketers.
While at the face of it, nothing could sound more dreadful to the cricket-loving fan in the face of the concerns surrounding the IPL. But if one were to think of it, then it’s not hard to understand that lives matter over and above any sport for that matter. And that any possible effort to safeguard individuals is sacrosanct and above anything else.
Thus far, it’s been revealed that there could be a possibility of holding the IPL behind closed doors, i.e., minus any public participation.