You’ll never be able to order a Domino’s Pizza after watching this clip of an oregano sachet that is filled with live bugs in it.
How many times have you ordered a Domino’s Pizza and have devoured into it completely, without giving a second thought into what you’re consuming? Well, for me, almost every time I have ordered a Domino’s Pizza. And, why shouldn’t we? When we go out and get a food item from a reputed food chain, we would like to believe that the company is taking care of their consumers and would not put their lives at risk, at least at the risk of their own image being damaged. However, something like this doesn’t come true every time.
On 10th September, Rahul Arora from Delhi posted a video on his Facebook, that will just send chills down your spine and can even leave some Domino’s fans, shell-shocked for life.
The video that he posted consisted of him cutting in a sachet of oregano in which there were live bugs. Yes, you read that absolutely right. There were live bugs in that sachet and the ones in it can even fly. Now, just imagine getting one of these sachets for yourself, when you don’t even take a second look at it before eating it with your pizza, and then getting them into your stomach. Nothing short of a scary-scary incidence, anyone can ever go through.
In his post, Rahul described how he ordered pizza on September 8 and had some leftover seasoning sachets. The next day, while sprinkling the oregano on bread, he claims to have noticed the insects in them. He then went on to open all the leftover sachets and much to his shock there were insects in all of them. Arora then posted a video of the same on the networking site, expressing anguish and shock.
Watch The Video Here:
His post definitely gained a huge momentum and even reached the people at Domino’s India who replied on his post with this comment.
As reported by Indian Express, after posting the video, Arora was contacted by the people working at the food chain who asked him if he would like to get his order repeated. Arora expressed his deep anguish against it and said, “I told them it’s not a late delivery complaint. It’s live bugs the in food they served and I have fallen ill after eating it. They should not trivialise the issue and be more sensitive towards it.” There has not been a reply from the department since then, which shows the utter callousness with which they have handled the issue. “I believe a debate needs to happen about the apathy and chalta hai attitude that companies and government take towards consumers,” Arora also said.
“This sachet was also accredited by FSSAI as safe to eat! Imagine this happening in the US, where consumer protection laws are stringent and concerned parties licenses get revoked. India too needs stricter laws.There should be more accountability.That’s the larger debate,” he added.
Arora is completely true in this matter, had it had happened in any other country, the license of the person would have been immediately revoked. It seems that the consumer in India is time and again been taken for granted and big food chains like Domino’s don’t give a damn about it.
12th September 2017