The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts SSC CGL exam every year for recruiting eligible candidates for numerous posts in Ministries, government organizations and departments. SSC CGL 2018 Exam Tier-1 will be conducted from 25 July 2018 to 20 August 2018. SSC CGL 2018 Exam Tier II will be held from October 2018
For the unknown, Government Jobs in India has seen a huge rise in interest from the millennial generation in India, job security, satisfaction and commensurating remuneration according to Industry standards.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recruits the staff on the basis of various exams every year and SSC CGL 2018 Examination is expected to be the biggest ever exam conducted by the body due to the introduction of 7th Pay Commission.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-1 Exam Date & Admit Card Date
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-1 Exam Date out by SSC on 5th May 2018 by Staff Selection Committee of India. CGL Tier-1 will be conducted from 25 July 2018 to 20 August 2018. SSC CGL Tier-2 exam date to be notified last week of October.
SSC CGL 2018 Examination will involve a 4-tier procedure for Group B recruitments and in 2017 nearly 30 lakhs registrations were made for SSC CGL 2017.
However, if you have missed the opportunity this year and are looking for all the details related to the SSC CGL 2018 Examination, read all the information given below.
SSC CGL 2018 Educational Qualification
Assistant Audit officer: Any Bachelor Degree
Statistical Investigator Grade- 2: Any Bachelor degree with 60 % marks in mathematics in 12th OR Bachelor degree with statistics as a subject at the university level.
Compiler: Bachelor degree with one of the three subjects, statistics, mathematics or economics, at degree level.
Other Posts: Any bachelor degree.
SSC CGL 2018 Examination Age Limit And Nationality
Staff Selection Commission has notified that the upper age limit for applying for the exam will be 30 years and 20 years minimum.
SSC CGL 2018 Examination Selection Process
The exam will be conducted on a 4-tier basis in which a candidate can only apply for the next stage after passing the previous one.
- The examination will be in MCQ form and will be conducted via online mode. The question paper will have 4 sections- General intelligence (reasoning), General Awareness and GK, Quantitative Aptitude and English comprehension.
- Each section will carry 25 question of 2 marks each and there is be negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer.
- The time period for completing the test will be 60 minutes but VH or Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy will get 80 minutes.
- The examination will be in MCQ form and will be conducted via online mode. The question paper will have 4 sections-Quantitative Ability of 100 questions, English language & Comprehension of 200 questions, Statistics of 100 questions and General studies (Finance & Economics) of 60+40 questions.
- Each section will carry 200 marks and applications will get 2 hours to complete each section. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer in paper II and 0.50 for every other section.
- The paper I & II are compulsory for all the posts while paper II is only for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade 2 and Compiler. On the other hand, Paper IV is only compulsory for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
- The examination will be of a descriptive type and will be conducted only via offline mode where applicants will have to write essay/précis/letter/application etc. The whole examination will be of 100 marks and the duration will be 60 minutes.
- VH & Cerebral Palsy applicants will be given 80 minutes to complete the examination.
Applicants will have to appear for Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) and Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) which will have a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for every wrong answer.
Important Instructions For Candidates Appearing In SSC CGL 2018 Examination
- Candidates should practice online “mock tests” to get an idea of the computer-based examination for Tier 1 and Tier 2.
- Mock tests are available on SSC’s official website as well as the regional office websites.
- Time management is the key to success in every competitive examination.
- Be careful of before marking the answer and if you are not sure about any answer, it is recommended to attempt it after completing the whole exam. Answer only those questions which you are sure of because of negative marking.